Find out in here how you can allow users to book a vehicle of your fleet.
This feature's availability depends on your subscription plan and role.
A fleet vehicle is a vehicle (car, bike, etc.) belonging to an organization. It is available to users of the organization who have receive the authorization to use that vehicle.
The organization administrator can define different groups of shared fleet vehicles, for which they have full management rights. These shared vehicle groups will allow the organization to segment the bookings of the vehicles in its fleet in an intelligent and optimal way for its users (e.g. Electric fleet vehicles, cargo bikes, etc.).
Why assigning user access to fleet vehicles?
There are two types of vehicles in Izix :
- Personal vehicles that users link to their own profile;
- Fleet vehicles belonging to the organization, divided into groups, that can be made bookable by the users of the organization to whom the authorization has been given.
You have the possibility to define different sharing groups for which you have full rights to create, edit and delete both groups and vehicles. In order to make these vehicles available for certain users (in the case of bookable vehicles), you first need to assign your users access to the fleet vehicles. Afterwards, you need to give the permission to the set of user(s) that need to be able to book them.
How can you allow users to book fleet vehicles?
1. In the menu on the left, choose 'Profiles'.
2. Click on "Show" to the right of the profile to which you wish to give access to the vehicles.
3. On the profile page, click on the "Edit" icon in the top right of the "Vehicle Sharing Group(s)" section.
4. Select the desired vehicle group
5. Validate by clicking on "Confirm"
You must have previously created shared vehicles and assigned a parking lot access to your vehicles in order to make them available to users.